Friday, April 17, 2015

Inspiration Essay


Over the past 13 years, my mom has been buying me things, taking me places, and just taking care of me. I chose to do my mom, Mindee, for my inspiration. My Mom is one of the best people in my life. 
My mom grew up in Ogallala, Nebraska. As a child, my mom had many memories. One memory of hers was going to Lake McConaughy to their cabin. There she remembers hanging out with friends and family. She also had a Scottish Terrier named Snuffie. They named Snuffie after Snuffaluffagus on Sesame Street. My mom also remembers when President Reagan was shot and when the Berlin Wall was torn down. When she was little, she always played school with her younger sister. 
Mindee works as a guidance counselor at O’Neill Public Schools. She used to teach in Lincoln before she got married. She has been teaching for almost 20 years in O’Neill. For college, she started out at a junior college in Kansas where she played volleyball. She finished her teaching degree at UNL and got her masters degree in elementary school counseling from UNK. How she knew she wanted to be a guidance counselor was from her elementary guidance counselor, Linda Lund. My mom remembers going to a career day and listening to her speak. That is how she knew what she wanted be.
What my mom has learned from school and life is to be organized and responsible. She said her greatest strength would have to be her relationships with other people. When I asked my mom about what she is most proud of she said her family. She wants to see her children grow up, graduate, get married, and to someday see her grandkids. Her message for kids is to stay in school and find positive people to have in your life. 

When you ask me why my mom inspires me there are many reasons. One reason why she inspires me is because of all of the things she does and has accomplished in life. Another one is that she is always there for me. That is why I chose my mom for my inspiration. 

No comments:

Post a Comment